Volunteer Time allows you to apply for a limited amount of paid leave to support worthwhile causes within your communities. To many organisations the gift of time and your skills are just as important as the gift of money.
Whether you’d like to volunteer for just a few hours on a regular basis, or get involved in a community project over a couple of days – each Volunteer Time application will be viewed on its own merits.
The scheme is open to everyone, regardless of whether you currently volunteer in your own time. This is your chance to make a difference.
And there are endless ways for you all to get involved!
- Charities (National or local)
- Community Groups
- Community Projects
- Hospitals, Hospices or Care Homes
If you would like to apply for Volunteer Time, please complete a request form and pass it to your Line Manager for approval.
Please note: The approval of Volunteer Time is at the nominated manager’s discretion and can be withdrawn at any time if business needs change. The recommended approach and application process are detailed in our Volunteer Time Information brochure.
We have some case studies to inspire you and provide a source of ideas for the ways in which you can use your Volunteer Time. You could choose to do some follow-up work with your chosen charity for Community Fundraising, or something completely different. It’s up to you.
Examples of how you might use your Volunteer Time are:
- Charities – national or local – from Save the Children to shelters for the homeless
- Community Groups – Brownies or Scouts, youth clubs, help for the elderly, learning sign language
- Community Projects – painting the local village hall or sports facility, helping at your local library
- Hospitals, Hospices or Care Homes – running a coffee shop or craft group, helping with fund-raising, becoming a patient’s helper
- Schools – building a vegetable garden, becoming a school governor, decorating. Note, it does not include helping out in your child’s class.
Look out for more volunteer case studies and other ways you can get involved, which we’ll be highlighting here on Community Link-Up. NB If your story is featured, we’ll donate £20 to your nominated charity.
You can also subscribe to Community Link-Up in the Email Alerts box* on the right for all the latest news direct to your inbox!
* = you can find out more about the Email Alerts option here.