Some of the photos from 2014’s events.
- Community Link-Up activities
- Major charity fundraising initiatives – a great source of ideas 🙂
Community Link-Up activities
Our main Flagship Events for 2015 are:
Links to each event’s details will be added as soon as they are posted on the blog.
In the meantime, why not sign up for our email notifications on the right so you don’t miss a thing?
More details and links to further information will be added as and when further announcements are made.
More from 2014
Major charity fundraising initiatives
Most charities nowadays have a variety of major fundraising initiatives to sign up to. Here’s a selection which have proved to be popular with you so far. Many of the websites linked to below also have plenty of ideas and tool kits for you to download to help with fundraising.
Note that many of the events listed require registration many weeks prior to them taking place. So dive in now and see which one(s) take your fancy!
- We’re kicking off 2015 with a new month and event for the start of our fund raising! Connect Books are joining the British Heart Foundation’s Wear It. Beat It. on Friday 6th February and wearing red for the day.
- The whole of March sees Marie Curie’s Great Daffodil Appeal swing into action. You can either request a box of 50 pins for sale at your workplace, or have a simple collection. Have a look at what Nic Hewlett did in 2013.
- World Book Day – Thursday, 5th March and is aimed at schools. Perhaps this is a good use of Volunteer Time if your children’s school would like to do something and needs some extra help
- Comic Relief is back on Friday 13th March. Red Nose Day has proved a popular event across the Group in its last two outings.
- Bath Rugby Foundation – our Stickability partner – also supports Bath Men’s Walk in aid of Dorothy House on Saturday March 21st. Let us know if you intend to take part!
- Marie Curie’s annual Swimathon returns to its regular slot and runs 17-19th April.
- World Book Night – now run by the charity The Reading Agency, with lots of books to be given away to good causes and plenty of book-related events on Thurssday, 23rd April
- Help for Heroes’ Colossal Cake Sale – April 18th to May 4th. Cake sales are always popular – here’s the first ‘official’ one we’ve found for 2015!
- Cake Break – bake cakes to raise money and awareness of Multiple Sclerosis. The official day in May has yet to be announced, though any day can be a Cake Break day.
- Sarsen and Neolithic trails – run, bike, or walk through some of Wiltshire’s most ancient landscapes between Avebury and Stonehenge on Sunday, May 3rd. This is Wiltshire Wildlife Trust’s annual fundraiser. Choose from 7, 11, 15 or 26 mile options, or a 52 mile circular route. You can even run with your dog!
- Wig Wednesday on Wednesday 20th May. Will you be Getting Wiggy With It?
- There are almost 300 Race for Life events this year (up from 230 in 2014), so there’s bound to be one near you. Most events are 5k and some also have a 10k option.
- TrekFest 2015 – a 1 or 2 day trek in the beautiful Brecon Beacons on 6th and 7th June, or the Peak District on 5th and 6th September. See how our Flagship Fundraiser teams did in the Brecon Beacons last year.
- Race the Dragon – dragon boat racing on the River Severn at Worcester takes place in early June, exact date TBA, probably Sunday 7th June. See how our teams got on in 2013.
- White Horse Challenge – a 2-day, 55 mile trek on July 4th and 5th around Wiltshire’s White Horses to keep Wiltshire’s air ambulance flying. There are also half distance events for either day, a shorter family challenge on the 7th and a Team relay option. This post shows how a team from The Consortium got on in 2012.
- Sean in the City – after the success of 2013’s Gromit Unleashed, Sean the Sheep makes various appearances in Bristol starting on July 6th until 31st August.
- Those of you seeking something a little tougher, might like to consider the Mountain Trail Challenge held in the Brecons on Saturday, September 12th
- Fundraising for an air ambulance is popular Group-wide, so National Air Ambulance Week was a good find last year – 21st to 27th September
- Join the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning on Friday, September 25th in aid of Macmillan. This was a great Group-wide event last year.
- Read for RNIB – raising awareness of blind and partially sighted people as well as cash – it was a day but now it’s a month-long event for October
- Registration usually opens for the Moonwalk – a night time walk along the London Marathon route in aid of Breast Cancer Awareness. The event is held the following May – see how Sam Lucas got on last year!
- Get ready for Movember – both Mobros and Mosistas can get involved in this ticklish, month long challenge. We’ve had several locations take part over the last 4 years.
- Children in Need – 2015 will be Pudsey’s 35th year and he’ll probably be gracing our TV screens on Friday, 13th November. This has become a popular Group-wide event!
- Save the Children have a Christmas Jumper Day, which will probably be Friday, December 11th. It’s ideal for non customer facing locations to join in, as these did last year.
Note that many of the charities mentioned on this page have plenty of other national fundraiser and challenge initiatives. If you’d like to support a particular charity and join in with plenty of like-minded people, it’s worth taking the relevant link above and having a look on their website to see if something else takes your fancy.
Let us know in the comments below if you’re planning on taking part in a charity’s national fundraiser which isn’t listed above and we’ll add the details to this page!