It aims to bring together the worlds of horticulture and art by encouraging professional and amateur artists alike to get out their easels, paints, pastels or even sewing needles and get creative.
Each entrant can have a go at producing an artwork (or more) in any 2D medium, inspired by any subject relating to flower power that they wish.
By entering you may have the chance to:
- Exhibit your artwork at The Embassy Tea Gallery in London
- Win cash prizes of up to £1000
- Feature as a guest artist on the Up and Coming Art website
- Have your work seen by thousands
- Help to support the Greenfingers A Million Moments Appeal
Artworks shortlisted for the exhibition will be sold with 50% of the proceeds going towards the Greenfingers A Million Moments appeal and 50% going to the artist.
This appeal aims to raise £1 million to help 5,000 children in the hospice system to have access to gardens and outdoor spaces which will give them a break from the rigours of their daily care.
Interested? There are more details about the Challenge here and note that the closing date for your entries is 31st January 2016.