Congratulations to everyone nominated for 2014’s Community Awards. As usual the standard of entries was very high and the winners have now had their special presentations. The above slideshow has a combination of pictures from these, plus a selection of images from the events which led to their nomination.
In summary the winners are:
- Fundraiser of the Year – Andrew Caple, Rowan House for his Alpine Challenge in tricky weather conditions which raised over £3,000 for the Alzheimer’s Society
- Make a Difference Award – Deborah Zaza, The Consortium, Shrewsbury for her voluntary work as a befriender with Age Concern
- Most Determined Individual – Megan Davies, Bertrams for her ultra marathons plus her other running and skydiving adventures in aid of SarcomaUK
- Most Innovative Fundraising Idea – Luke Simons, Instore for Source to Sauce, a walking, cycling and canoeing adventure along the River Severn which culminated in a dragonboat race!
- Values Award: Partnership – Perthes Pathfinders, Borehamwood for their teamwork in training for and participation in TrekFest 2014
- Volunteer of the Year – Yaima Ballester, Bertrams for her work with Stop Ebola
2014 was a fantastic year and we’re looking forward to all your efforts in 2015!