Fresh from completing her Moonwalk last month, Sam Lucas has been in touch to tell us about her colleagues’ successful fundraising week in support of Cancer Research UK.
I wanted to share with you some of the charity events we have been running here in Nottingham House all through last week [12th -16th May – sorry for the delay, Ed].
Three of our stockroom staff members: Joanne Litchfield, Sally Roberts and Lauren Keene, are taking part in the Race for Life on Sunday 8th June in Nottingham.
They organised events for every day of the week as follows:
- Monday: Kicked off the week with a ‘Guess the lollies in the jar’ game and a £1 a go sweepstake
- Tuesday: Freshly made teas and coffees for all staff at 30p a cup – a nice change to the usual 30p Klix drinks!
- Wednesday: Wet Rob day – £1 to throw three wet sponges at Rob Drummond
- Thursday: Sponsored silences – a number of the warehouse staff taking part in this ‘quiet challenge’
- Friday: Home-made cakes and cookies with freshly made teas and coffees to round off the week
The events went down very well throughout the week and in total the girls have managed to raise £259.80 towards Cancer Research.
Thanks for the update Sam and good luck to Joanne, Sally and Lauren in their Race for Life on Sunday 🙂