We have news of a couple of plans for this year’s Charity Fundraising.
Firstly, we have a sneak preview of the provisional plan The Consortium has mapped out for their fundraising activities in Trowbridge this year 🙂
This year they’re raising funds to support the West Wiltshire Special Needs Activity Scheme and have a number of events planned for the whole of 2013.
- January – The Consortium presented a cheque for £12,132.77 to Wiltshire Air Ambulance, their chosen good cause for 2012
- February – TV Raffle (and many other prizes!) raised a massive £460
- 15th March – Comic Relief – raised £237
The raffle and Comic Relief fundraising were both held as ‘cross-site’ events, involving The Consortium’s Trowbridge and Shrewsbury sites.
- April – Grand national sweepstake
- 21st April – Kim Valentine runs the London Marathon (again!)
- 14th May – Quiz Night held at the Wesley Road Club in Trowbridge
- September – The Consortium Annual Golf Day
- 28th September – Macmillan Coffee Morning and the annual Golden Spoon competition
- September / October – Race Night
- 25th October – Wear it Pink day
- December – Christmas Raffle
There’s plenty going on at The Consortium in 2013! We look forward to seeing more news and pictures as each event happens 🙂
Secondly Terri Baylis at Rowan House has given us news of her revised plans for her walk set for June in aid of CLIC. She originally was going to tackle 25 miles of the scenic Jurassic Coast and now…
I’ve updated my JustGiving page – we’re now walking the Ridgeway between Avebury & Streatley on 14–15th July, which is around 40 miles over the two days.
Thanks for the update Terri – I see you’ve added quite a few miles to your proposed walk!
Do you or your area have a fundraising plan this year? Do let us know what you have in store… and don’t forget it may also provide an opportunity for a wider Link-Up with your colleagues, suppliers or customers in some way!