Ken Ingham has been in touch about a combined athletic effort he’s participating in, which is set for Community Week and beyond…
The National Newspaper Office‘s elite sports division, NNO Athletic, will be training hard and taking part in a number of sports challenges. With your support, we hope to make the training and effort worthwhile by raising lots of donations along the way for our team’s chosen charities.
*The sports challenge schedule*
It kicks off in June during Community Week, and our NNO Athletic athletes – Gavin Fraser, Sam Blackman, Chris Atherton and Ken – will between the 4 of us swim, bike, and run a combined distance of 190 miles through the following events:
- From S to N day ride: 24th June – Ken & completed – showing pictorial evidence!
- Windermere Olympic Triathlon: 1st July – Ken & Chris (brrr, Lake Windermere will be cold. From S to N cyclist, Steven Clark says ‘it’s normal’!)
- Milton Keynes Half Marathon: 8th July – Sam
- London Sprint and Olympic Triathlon: 22nd & 23rd Sept – Ken and Gavin (a swim in Docklands, nice!)
- Harvest Trail Half Marathon: 23rd Sept – Sam (as Ken points out, he’ll be running a marathon in total, with just a couple of months or so between the halves)
Our chosen team charities are:
All donations will be split equally between these three charities and NNOAthletic have set up a Virgin Money Giving page for your donations 🙂
Looking forward to reporting your progress in Dispatches guys!